Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A Day's Harvest :)

Even though I have been battling with the stink bug issue, I've been pretty impressed with the amount of veggies we have gotten this year. So far, we have harvested (not including all the veggies still on the plants) a total of 35 tomatoes, 4 family meals of eggplant, 5 red peppers, 4 dozen jalapenos, 5 meals of okra, and 3 meals of green beans. The only ones I've been a little disappointed in have been the green beans. I though with as big as they have gotten that they would have produced more beans. I think my apple tree has started to shade that area of the garden a little more...so my guess is not enough sunlight.

This is what I harvested one morning about a week ago: eggplant, okra, green and purple beans, tomatoes, handful of blueberries, and several apples. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment