Monday, May 21, 2012

Super Healthy Summer Smoothie

This is our go-to smoothie recipe in our house during the summer. I love how healthy it is! It's naturally sweet this time of year because all of the berries are ripening =) It's easy to tweak if you want to change some ingredients up.

Toss all of these ingredients in a blender:
1 banana
2 heaping handfuls of berries - I usually do a mixture...strawberries, blackberries, rasberries, and blueberries.
1 cup of low fat greek yogurt - I use plain bc it has no sugar. Feel free to get vanilla or flavored to sweeten it up a bit.
2 handfuls of ice
splash of juice - Here I used apple bc it's what I had, but my favorite is orange juice.
1 TBS Wheat Germ -I always sneak this into my kids snacks for the health benefits, and they never know =)
Handful of Sliced Frozen Peaches - I didn't have these on hand this time around, but I find that they make it so much creamier...yum!
Drizzle of Honey (optional for a sweeter taste)
Blend Together.


No comments:

Post a Comment