Monday, February 14, 2011

It's days like today that make me glad I'm alive

I look forward to this day every year. After weeks of cold, rainy weather and being stuck inside for days, comes the most beautiful day. The boys were just as excited to see the sunshine and feel the warm air. They ran out this morning into the backyard, and before I could make it out there Colby came running through the house to tell me that his apple tree was blooming!
I love to see my kids' excitement over nature. They "get it". There is something so spiritual about stepping outside barefoot in the sun warmed grass, gazing up at the vibrant blue sky, and seeing God's creation come back to life again. I love the feeling of being reconnected to the Earth and God's beauty again. I simply love it.

Just a peak at what's blooming in our yard....Ana's Apple Tree.



This isn't a fruit tree, but it has beautiful flowers this time of year.


Strawberry plants are flowering...can't wait to harvest the berries =)

No comments:

Post a Comment